Monday, February 27, 2012

The Rookie's First Post

In 2012 the theme is "land the plane!" and the first goal was to get Cuk promoted. So when he was promoted at the end of January we thought we'd really lucked out. But that was just the beginning. Now we're counting down the days until we arrive on Clemson Road, until our lives move frome here to there, until what is becomes what was and what will be becomes what is.

I have wanted to get online for a while. I've wanted "an online presence" that helped me show what I can do -- write! -- and could help me get better at it. Despite its perpetuation of my own self importance, an online presence would help me make strides toward the career I have always wanted -- writer! -- and have repeatedly put on hold for the career I needed -- paid!

But while not all bloggers have something to say, not all bloggers are wasting space, either. Let's hope this journey won't waste space. It's a tale of one family, a mom (superhero), a dad (loveable grump) and a little girl who I hope will grow up knowing she can be anything she wants to be because she saw her mom do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Not Curious Enough to Finish the March Selection

When I chose non-fiction for March, I knew it would take a little longer than the fiction months had taken. I read about five non-fiction bo...